In between the hustle and bustle of shopping for the perfect Christmas gift for your loved ones, and baking those wonderful gingerbread houses, take some time to enjoy the holiday entertainment and happenings in and around the city of Irvine.
- Begin a family holiday tradition at the Barclay with Festival Ballet Theatre’s sparkling full-length professional production of The Nutcracker, and celebrate the season with visions of the Sugar Plum Fairy ~ Now through December 24, 2012
- Enjoy a cruise at the 2012 Newport Beach Boat Parade, Newport Landing provides three cruises each night of the 2012 parade. ~ December 19-December 24, 2012Departures are at 5:30pm, 7:15pm, and 8:30pm.
- Tis the season, once again, for Irvine Park Railroad’s annual Christmas Train. Children can bring their colored Christmas Train coloring page to the train station and receive a free, small gift. For the Irvine Park Railroad Christmas Train coloring page.
- A Christmas With Scrooge Based on the Charles Dickens classic, the musical adaptation, A Christmas with Scrooge tells the tale of curmudgeonly miser Ebenezer Scrooge. ~ Now through December 29, 2012 at the Musical Theatre Village in Irvine.
- OC’s newest holiday tradition. Become an honorary Elf in the Elf Academy, decorate gingerbread, play Reindeer Games, stop by Santa’s office and control room and check the Naughty/Nice list and more. ~ Now through December 31, 2012 at Santa’s Wonderland in Irvine.
Wishing you all the very Merriest of Christmases from our hearth and home to yours!